Monday, September 13, 2010

Aim for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land amongst the stars


Growing up with older brothers was always a learning experience. With such a large age difference between them and I, it was hard to be a part of the games they played day in and day out.  Being left out in a game of football or basketball was not uncommon. They had an overall size advantage. But, when it came to baseball, they believed anyone, any size could play. Now I am here, at UMBC playing on the baseball team, leaving behind a list of accolades achieved throughout the past years. My brothers never played a minute on any college athletic team. I give them the credit for my success in sports.  Ever since I was little my oldest and if you must say “wisest” brother would always tell me, “set your goals high, so that you’ll never set yourself up for regret”.  Now I am competing at the division 1 level and my goals have been set even higher. Some people doubt that I will ever play professional baseball, I believe those assumptions are only fuel for my fire and help me strive to get better day by day. One day, I will fail, and I will find my place in this world. But I will never live my life saying what if? The time has come to prove my conscious mind wrong. It is time to prove the others wrong.

Words: 232



1 comment:

  1. The mindset that you have is probably the best mindset anybody could ever have. Older brothers somehow always know how to be right when they say wise and philosophical things.
    Keep your head high, you've gained another fan.

    ReplyDelete